Tis the season to be scary. But once the season is over, the Halloween makeup comes off, and the acne breaks out, just in time for that annual trip to the in-laws in November. It’s the same story every year so we thought we’d help you out this time around. Here are five things you need to do to properly manage those Halloween makeup breakouts before they start:
1) Lay off the candy. We know. It’s Halloween. Candy will be everywhere you turn. We aren’t saying don’t touch the stuff. Just remember that research shows there are two main factors behind acne: hormones and inflammation. Sugar affects both. Hormones put the skin glands into overdrive, resulting in excessive sebum production and skin cell growth. Combination of sticky sebum and dead skin cells is the ideal recipe for blocked pores.
2) Use mineral based makeup before anything else. Use a mineral based foundation before you apply the stuff you bought from that Halloween pop-up store. It will act as a protective barrier. Oxygenetix works really well for us. This breathable foundation containing a patented complex that stimulates skin cell production and helps the healing process following most nonsurgical cosmetic treatments. Not to mention it soothes, heals and protects damaged skin. Its oxygen-enriched, natural components make it virtually a second skin
3) Wash your makeup off before you go to bed. Seriously, do it. This seems obvious but many people tend to over indulge in the evening’s libations and don’t make it to the pillow, let alone the makeup cleanser. Makeup left on overnight can clog your pores and lead-in to chronic inflammation in the form of pimples. It also dulls your skin and makes you look older. Just don’t do it. Even if you're super tired, wash your face before heading to bed — your skin will definitely thank you later
4) Book a post-party deep cleaning facial with Illuminate. These treatments are designed to decrease bacteria and other acne causing substances to help maintain optimal skin health. This really is your best option for preventing your breakouts before they start.
5) Drink more water! For those who are obsessed with keeping their skin radiant, this is a given. Most health authorities agree that eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon is just about ideal. Make sure your getting close to this, especially around the holidays.
Illuminate – Face & Body Bar is located at 10000 Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas, 89117. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (702) 903-1000 today.