Our bodies need vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to function everyday. We use these to give us energy for our daily lives, process the food we eat, and help to make new cells for our hair, skin and nails. Conventional vitamins, taken orally in pill form, are processed through our digestive system and then are sent out into the cells in our body. A percentage of the vitamins are broken down before they get to our cells, making them much less effective and potent. Illuminate Spa offers a way to bypass the digestive system and get the vitamins and minerals to the places we need them before they are broken down. Here are a few common questions some of my clients ask before getting an IV drip or vitamin injection.
- What are the different kinds offered? We offer a wide variety of vitamin injections and drips. Injections include B12, B-complex, athletic performance, and metabolism boosters. IV drips include Meyer’s cocktails, anti-aging, immune system support, athletic performance and hangover remedies.
- What are the benefits of an IV drip? Because we can customize your treatment to fit your needs you will get the ideal treatment. If you’re dehydrated, low on energy, or just looking for a boost, we can work with you to maximize the benefits.
- How long does it take? Injections take just a few minutes. IV drips take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, depending on which mixture you and your provider decide would suit you best.
- How often can I do them? Our athletic performance injection can be done up to twice a week. All other injections and IV drips can be done up to once a week. If done once a week, the vitamin levels will stay elevated in your bloodstream for maximum benefit.
- Do they need to be prescribed? Every vitamin injection or IV at Illuminate is prescribed and administered by a Nurse Practitioner or Physicians assistant.
- Are there any side effects? The most common side effects are bruising and swelling around the injection or IV site. Because we are using vitamins and minerals that our bodies are familiar with, adverse reactions to them are very rare.
- Are there any restrictions afterwards? There are no restrictions are vitamin therapy. Staying hydrated by drinking water will maximize your results.
- What is your favorite one and why? The anti-aging IV is my favorite. It combines vitamin B12, B6, Calcium, Magnesium, and vitamin C with Biotin, Folic Acid, and Lysine for a big boost in vitamins and minerals that keep our hair, skin and nails looking great. It is followed by Gluathione, which is a powerful antioxidant that boost the immune system, rids the body of free radicals, and removes toxic compounds.